Copyright 2012 StepGLOBAL. All right reserved.
Step Global can provide an RFID solutions for almost every application.
Radio frequency identification (RFID) is a generic term that is used to describe a system that transmits the identity (in the form of a unique serial number) of an object or person wirelessly, using radio waves. It's grouped under the broad category of automatic identification technologies.
RFID is in use all around us. If you have ever chipped your pet with an ID tag, used EZPass through a toll booth, or paid for gas using SpeedPass, you've used RFID. In addition, RFID is increasingly used with biometric technologies for security.
- Use RFID if you want to wirelessly identify something without line of sight
- Use RFID if you want a simple wireless means to store a small amount of information on things, and even better: change the information dynamically
- Use RFID if you want a computing device but not humans to see the ID
- Use UHF RFID if you want a computing device to see an object from far away
- Use UHF RFID if you want to enable the "Internet of Things"
Please select a link below to find out more about our products and solutions.