Copyright StepGLOBAL. All right reserved.
The ThingMagic Mercury API makes it easy for system integrators, OEMs and ISVs to discover, provision and control ThingMagic readers – removing complexities, speeding RFID solution development and resulting in a quicker return on investment.
An extensive software development kit (SDK) with example applications and sample code in Java and C#, the Mercury API offers a consistent programmatic interface across all ThingMagic fixed and embedded readerproducts. The intuitively designed and well documented Mercury API requires little RFID expertise, enabling developers to rapidly design and test:
- Reader and tag commands
- Advanced read functionality such as setting antennas, protocols and filtering criteria
- Advanced tag operations such as killing and locking tags
- Privacy and security features
- Performance and memory optimization
The ThingMagic Mercury API is available for several different programming languages, is written in Java and C#, and supports the following application types:
- .NET applications in the .NET Compact Framework v2.0
- Windows applications in the .NET Framework
- Windows applications in the Java Framework
- Linux (Intel) and MacOSX applications in the Java Framework
The Mercury API communicates with readers through a TCP-based network connection or via local serial ports. On-reader applications are supported on the Mercury5 and Astra readers through a “C” API or Linux shell scripts.